REBBL stands for "roots, extracts, berries, bark, and leaves", adaptogenic superherbs that make up the foundation of this organic beverage. The concept of REBBL came together after a collaboration between Not For Sale and other thought leaders to identify a sustainable, market-based solution to prevent labor exploitation in the Peruvian Amazon. What began as one drink and a humble crowdfunding campaign has become a top organic beverage brand: BevNet awarded REBBL the prestigious "Best Functional Beverage of 2015", citing REBBL's use of "bleeding edge ingredients" and the ability to translate ingredients that deliver high nutritional value into a delicious drink.
REBBL can be found in Whole Foods, Sprouts, New Leaf, Mollie Stone, and other organic food stores across the United States.
Road to REBBL
This 4-part series explores the motivation behind REBBL, and how REBBL was started.
- REBBL is at the confluence of seven major health trends: functional foods ($173 billion), organic ($80 billion), fair trade ($6 billion), non-GMO ($3.5 billion), soy-free/dairy-free ($3.6 billion), healthy fats (~$3 billion), and coconut beverages ($400 million)
- Natural products industry growing 12% year-over-year, with functional beverages leading in growth year-over-year .
- Unique brand story that is currently on trend with the super-premium functional beverage surpassed the $2 billion mark.
- Revenue distribution back to Not For Sale on all gross revenue.
- Founder's equity granted to Not For Sale.
- REBBL is committed to leveraging its increasing market demand to increase "impact sourcing" of ingredients in exploited and at-risk communities where Not For Sale works – creating employment and other opportunities.